An elegant, fruity and crunchy salad that takes minutes to prepare and is perfect for a summer evening.
- 3 smoked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 100 g roasted peri-peri cashew nuts
- 50 ml creamy mayonnaise
- 175 ml peach fruit yoghurt
- Fresh dhania
- Blend the mayonnaise and fruit yoghurt together and set aside.
- Gently combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Pour on the dressing and mix evenly into the salad ingredients.
Hints and Tips
To cube a mango, slice off both halves, lengthways from the stalk-end down, to reveal the flat oval pip with a little flesh still attached.
Cut a grid pattern of incisions into the flesh of each half, without cutting through the skin underneath. Using both hands, bend the skin back to expose the cubes (like a hedgehog). Slide the knife blade under these cubes to detach them from the skin. Repeat with the other half.
When mangoes are out of season, use a fresh pineapple instead, or of course a well drained can of cubed mango.