Kids love making and playing with this glowing campfire craft! It’s super easy to make and perfect for imaginative play!
Materials for Glowing Campfire Craft
- Clear plastic cup
- Tissue paper in red, orange, and yellow
- Liquid glue
- LED tea light
- Twig or thin craft stick
- Cotton balls
- Brown construction paper
1. Cut your tissue paper up into little squares (or you can buy pre-cut tissue paper squares).
2. Scrunch up a piece of tissue paper and glue it to the outside of a clear, plastic cup.
Continue until the entire cup is covered. (Some kids liked using the eraser end of a pencil to scrunch up their tissue paper, while others preferred scrunching the pieces into balls.)
3. As your tissue paper is drying, make a marshmallow roasting stick by gluing a cotton ball onto the end of a twig or thin craft stick.
4. Add some logs to your campfire by cutting strips of brown construction paper. Use a brown marker or crayon to add some details to your logs.
Now it’s time to set up your campfire! Start by setting up your logs. Place your LED tea light on top the logs and then put your tissue paper cup over the light.
Go somewhere dark and watch it glow. It looks just like a real campfire!