Cheesy chicken spinach pasta onion and chive sauce. If you like a lot of sauce you can double the recipe because it kind of dries up for leftovers.
- 280 g pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 28 g chive and onion cream cheese (half of the small Philadelphia container)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt / 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Cook your pasta, drain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter on medium heat then add in the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes to soften them.
- Throw in your pre-cooked chicken breast cubes.
- Add in the onion and chive cream cheese and stir to melt it. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the milk, parmesan cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Toss the chopped spinach in and continue stirring until all the ingredients are blended. Turn off the heat and add the noodles to the pan.
- Mix to coat all pasta with the sauce.